(ET) Wheel Horse E-141

Hi again,

It looks like my father in law is going to give me the Wheel Horse E-141. He knows nothing about it, as he got it in trade with something he wanted. First off, would this take car-type 12v batteries (36v total) – it seems to be a 12v system. If so how would I connect them – I have no clue about the difference between parallel and in line.

Sorry about the dumb question. I know very little about matters electric, but been restoring old British cars for nearly 20 years, so might be of some use to the list on matters mechanical. Most of the cars that I deal with have 4 fuses total. We are also, later thinking of putting a photo voltaic cell on the garage roof as a means of charging the tractor.

Many thanks in advance,

John