Re: (ET) John Deere E-90

I fixed one up last year.  I liked the machine alot.  I did not have storage space and someone on the group was looking for one so I sold it before the winter.

Pro:
- Looks good.  looks like a normal John Deere.
- Compact size easy storage
- Enough run time to cut my 3/4 ac no problem
- You can fit large marine batteries from Walmart with some trimming of the sides where the handle rope is attached.
- Tight turning circle.
- Seems to have good blade speed.  Sounds like higher tip speed than my electrack
- Lighter weight probably compresses turf less than my E-12M
- I was able to get a number of parts from John Deere.  Drive belt, Brake bads etc.
- Has a standby mode on the charger.
- Circuit diagram right on the frame.

Con
- Sounds funny but it does not "ride" like the 12M.  It makes the large frame tractor feel like a caddy.
- The area around the motor and transaxle is tight and is hard to work on.
- The belt clutch is grabby.  Reverse is mechanical not electric so there can be a lot of shifting.  Converting to a controller would make a big difference.
- Traction was not as good.  Some areas that I mow with the 12M, I was spinning my uphill wheel baddly with the E-90.  This is made worse by the grabby clutch.
- Frame is light and very flexible.

"Pestka, Dennis J" <Dennis Pestka TycoHealthcare com> wrote:
Need some advice from the group.
I know some of you have the John Deere electrics.

What is your opinion of the John Deere E-90 Mower in comparison to the
comparable Elec-Trak Models.

- Dependability
- Run Time
- Structural Integrity