(ET) C185 Wheel Horse Cruise Control

I've got a C-185 Wheel Horse that has a cruise control problem. The CC relay pulls in with the momentary switch and stays in so long as the pedal is still depressed in 3rd or 4th speed. Once the pedal is released, the cruise control relay drops out / de-energizes. We've checked all the wiring, speed switches, relay coils, diode assembly, and contactors. The CC relay has been switched out, the foot pedal assembly, as well as the diode assembly. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.