Re: (ET) Chris's comments re charging

Because of its unsophisticated charge control, it's hard to see how the GE charger would take proper care of nicad or valve regulated lead batteries. If Christopher had paid full price for those nicad cells, I'd guess that he wouldn't be trying to use the stock GE charger. But he got them very cheaply, thanks to Uncle Sam - our tax dollars at work! (Not that I wouldn't have done the same thing. ;-)

Well, I do have monitors on the cell strings (every 5 cells right now) and also have an E-meter watching ah in and out. The goal is to find something that's close enough to keep me from running a cell to zero (easy to spot in a string of 5-10) and keep the final voltages at about 1.5vpc (also easy to spot in a string of 5-10)

The right solution is going to be using the 45 volts to power two 15 cell chargers. Working on that too :-)

Chris