Re: (ET) E8 charger problem

Ken Muldrew wrote:
Sure. Start by removing the diodes and checking them; one might be shorted. Then try disconnecting the batteries and checking the output voltage; should be around 38-42 volts. It's also quite possible the cap is shorted; you might as well call Harold and get another one. Even mine went bad.

Chris

I tried the charger for the first time this past weekend on my E8. The transformer makes a nice hum but the battery voltage stayed constant at 37 volts whether the charger was plugged in or not. I measured the AC voltage across the capacitor from the secondary winding and got 0V while the AC voltage behind the two diodes gave 4V. Is there any hope of bringing this back to life?

Ken Muldrew.