Re: [SPAM] Re: (ET) Electric Ox Review

steve39 mindspring com wrote:
I keep thinking with gas prices headed as they are and the reserves to
production ratio hovering at 41 years (go to BP's web site to see that)
that we'd see the rebirth of these machines on the market.  At this price
though I just don't see any takers...at least not enough to sustain
production.  Heard this morning on the radio that in spite of high prices
Amercians now spend about half of what they used to spend on
energy...relative to their total budget.  Time will tell.  If one isn't
concerned about oil supplies (and most aren't) its hard to justify 12K for
an electric machine when you can spend 15K for a JD utility with a front
end loader and a mower deck and an unlimited set of implements available
to use.  Oil or not something has to generate the electricy we are using
so it may be a wash in the end.

*nod* Agreed. 15k is just way too much for a yard tractor for most people. To be honest the best solution might be to resurrect the E8/10 doodlebugs. Put a simple controller, mower, and good charger and leave it at that for aroun $900-$1k..

Chris