-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Ken Olum
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:20 PM
To: goodguyforsure hotmail com
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: [SPAM] Re: (ET) Electric Ox Review

   From: "john briese" <goodguyforsure hotmail com>
   Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:35:56 -0500

   1) Are you happy to did it? Would you do it again knowing the
   limits?

I'm certainly happier with the Electric Ox than I was with my
Elec-trak.  It's kind of hard to justify the price of the Electric Ox,
though.

   2) What is the turning radius? Turning is the one area I am always
unhappy
   with.

I measured it.  It is roughly 19" from the edge of the back wheel to the
center of the turning circle.  The tractor is 36" wide, so the center
between the back wheels goes in a circle about 37" in radius.  The
nearest edge of the mowing deck is 56" from the center of the circle.
None of these numbers is terribly precise.

It is pretty reasonable to make 3-point turns if you want to mow back
and forth stripes.  It's much easier than the Elec-trak because of the
ease of going between forward and reverse.

   3) Could their blades be used on the Electrak?

Presumably.  You would probably have to alter the blades to fit the
Elec-trak hubs.

                                        Ken

P.S. Does anybody know David Reuter?  He has been a frequent
contributor, but now his email is bouncing.