Re: (ET) Mower Deck blades!

steve39 mindspring com wrote:

When I pulled mine out of the shed where my parents had discarded it I found the same problem. They complained that it just didn't cut well. I found two of the blades were mounted wrong (great way to conserve a sharp blade but doesn't cut too well) and that the one motor they had replaced was turning the wrong direction. I remember telling Bill about it and he told me it was a very common issue with his customers.

Yup, happened to me too. I like to put the deck up, then spin the motors up with the tractor, then unplug the deck and watch the motors coast down. Every time I do a motor swap *one* of them is going backwards.

Chris