(ET) Mower Deck blades!

Title: Message
I recently broke the right side wheel caster coupling on my mower deck, weld broke causing the caster shaft to buckle under the deck.  Broke the left side earlier in the year and took it to a local weld shop for a quick repair.  This time my neighbor happended by and he has a stick welder and offerred his services.  I flipped the deck up to show him how the assembly mounted to the deck and he noticed something that I totally had overlooked.  My mower blades were mounted upside down, with the sharpened portion of the blade actually closer to the deck then the non-curved portion of the blade.  These blades were bought new from Bill a year or so back, and I did not pay attention to their orientation at that time.  I replaced them in exactly the same manner as the old blades.  It was easy to flip the blades to the correct down blade status, but then the backside of the blade rotated into the grass, not the cut side.  Solution was to reverse the outer 2 wires at the PTO plug to have the motors rotate in the opposite direction.  Don't you just luv DC power.

I post this message as I bet some of you have not payed attention to things like this and can benefit from my experience.

Bob

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.