Re: (ET) (no subject)

Yeah I know what your saying.

Th weird thing is that the 3 times my tractor has stopped, my wife was the
operator. I don't rever recall it failing
when I was driving (other than mower motors or snowthrower belts).

I periodically check my battery connections after use for unusual heat or
looseness, never found anything wrong. Then
one time my wife is throwing snow and it quits. OK! wait a few minutes and
see if it comes back. 5 minutes, nope!
Can't be thermal. I looked around, discovered a missing post connection.
Hmmm, I thought, "I wonder if this could be
the problem". Sure enough!

Then a few weeks later, my wife is throwing snow and it quits. OK! wait a
few minutes and see if it comes back. 5
minutes, nope! Can't be thermal. I looked around, found the fusible link
one the disconnect switch was burned in half,
and one of the terminals was extremely loose. Jumpered it and took the ET
back to the garage.

And before those two incidents, the tractor was very low on power, almost
like dead batts. Examination revealed very
corroded terminals one the shunt. Much better after repair.

I just wish I could stop throwing magnets out of the mower motors. I guess
the 30 yr old epoxy ain't as strong as it
used to be. Be careful, if you hit something, you WILL throw a magnet
loose.

Anybody have a source for mower magnets?, I wish the decks were belt drive
with just one larger motor, like an E-12,
E-14, or E-16 PM drive motor.  Hmm maybe it's time do do an E-Tek fit.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom