Re: (ET) Timer stuff

I too have this type of setup, although slightly different.  I have a
2-position switch.  One way, the switch shorts the wires to the timer
motor, and the other way, it shorts the control wires to the Landis
controller -- its an opposite switch, turning one on, one off, then
opposite -- timer is on or the controller is on, but not both.

It seems perfect, but there is one gotcha.  If the timer has not yet
returned to off, and the switch gets thrown to the controller side, thus
cutting power to the timer's motor, the timer will remain in the "ON"
position indefinitely, thus cooking your batteries forever until you
notice.  You have to be very careful to make sure the timer is off before
you throw the switch.

The controller is great for unattended battery maintenance.  However, I
found out over the winter that it isn't perfect.  Just before heading out
to plow some snow, I noticed the batteries were especially low on charge,
especially when I was both driving and lifting the dozer blade.  I had to
I don't know how the controller got fooled, or if its set too low, but my
batteries were definitely in the red zone, to the point of slowing down
the drive motor whenever I operated the lift.

E20
Potomac, Md

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com