(ET) Timer stuff

Ok, everyone seems to recommend the Landis, so I think I'll bite the bullet and give one a shot. It should be interesting; my big questions are:

1) Can it bring the batteries up to a "full" state of charge as indicated by my battery monitors (7.35v per battery)

2) Can it equalize an out-of-balance pack?

Also I wonder if it can be slightly rigged to act as a solar charger. One could use it's on/off control to modulate a MOSFET in series with the panels. Might be the magic solution for everyone who wants to charge solar but can't find a 36 volt solar charge controller.

Where do I get one?

Chris