Re: (ET) Deck motors

You should be able to get a new fat can armature. The cans on those are different from the front mount motors in that the mount ring is about halfway up the motor.

Check with harold (cleanpower att net). I'm sure he stocks the armatures. Or you could go to a motor shop and have it rewound.

Odd that it incinerated though; they are supposed to have a klixon type overload protector on top.

Chris

canev wrote:

I have an E8M that needs a mower deck motor. Anyone have a spare fore sale?
This is an "as new" machine, literally owned by a little old lady and kept in her garage since new. I lent to my dad and he tried to cut long grass in high gear. :(
Melted one armature.
Has anyone adapted any other motors to these units?

Thanks
Randy