Re: (ET) corded mower motor needed

Dynamic Braking ? Maybe ?

To: "Electric Tractor list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) corded mower motor needed

At 09:13 PM 5/13/05 -0400, David Roden wrote:
On 12 May 2005 at 22:30, Anthony Bailey wrote:

> Could
> this actualy be a DC motor and the square box is a diode rectifier > setup?

Very possible. My Black & Decker MM-450 corded push mower uses a brushed PM motor and a bridge rectifier. I think one reason is that it allows them to
short the armature when it's shut off - the resultant plug braking means
that it stops RIGHT NOW.

Minor nit, that wouldn't be plugging. You actually drive the motor in reverse to plug. I might hesitate to call it regenerative braking since you don't actually regenerate into any storage. Maybe generative braking?

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to chew a radio signal. " -- Kelvin Throop, III
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/