Re: (ET) Stiff Steering, pt. 3

Steve Gaarder wrote:
Well, the axles aren't coming out of the pivots :-(  So who has an E-15
axle assembly that they are willing to part with?

Use a keg of penetrating oil, clean it exceptionally well, and pull slowly. Turn them back and forth as you pull.

Remember: I had to hang a Porsche 911 engine (400lbs) from my snowblower chute rod for it to seperate and I used a small hammer to tap away at it. It can be done, however it's probably easier to get another.

Do not try to pound it thru; it will mushroom and that will be that.

Chris