Re: (ET) Stiff steering

Yup.

Go out and get a grease gun and grease. There are grease zerks on the following:

The front wheels in the back of the wheel
The front axles where the axle meets the spindle
The center of the front axle where the axle attaches to the tractor

And probably other places.

Pump grease in till it comes out the ends. Then wipe off. I hope you haven't galled the spindle to axle connection, however if you do not grease it you will and you will also break the pillow bearing.

Do it now. Everyone else on the list, have you greased your tractor? If not it's a matter of time till you get a new axle.

Chris

Steve Gaarder wrote:

The steering on my E-15 has gotten way too stiff.  I can't turn it very
far to the right any more.  I am not much of a mechanic, but I assume that
something needs to be lubricated.  Can someone explain what I should
lubricate, with what, and how?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder