RE: (ET) Elec-trak Gone

Hey guys,

the electrac charger won't run on 230V 50Hz for the two reasons noted
by others.
(1) it can't handle more than twice of its design voltage.
(2) because of the ferroresonance properties for output voltage control it
is tightly coupled to the 60Hz frequency.

Harold has confirmed that there exist different capacitors for 50Hz
and he has some but I forgot to order them in time. My family is in
the electric power business so I think I will manage to get some in
Germany. Plus I got a 1500w step-down transformer a while ago over
ebay.

BUT, I don't intent to use the built in charger much anyhow, plus in one
of my two E20s the diodes are bad I think. I sold my Soneil chargers
to a fellow on the list and bought me the 220V/international version of
the 1212 chargers (3). I intent to use those :)

Thanks for all the messages and well-journey wishes, I'll let you
guys know when we and the stuff get to Germany.

Markus