(ET) Front wheel spindle

Anyone try to weld and then case-harden/temper a front wheel spindle?  Local welders have suggested it's not worth it.

Alternatively, anyone have an extra front left spindle for an E15?

I have both parts of a broken spindle, and the accompanying steel-fab axle with resultant egg-shape hole made when the spindle broke (I'm guessing, as it was this way when I bought it.

I do have a good front axle and both spindles from a 10M, but don't know if those were hardened.  The axle seems identical, and the spindles are different, but should work.

Thanks,

Tom