-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Pieter
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:09 AM
To: elec-trak list
Subject: Re: (ET) Side deck conversion?

I bought a relatively inexpensive tow behind sweeper from Sears several
years ago and tow it while cutting grass with my rear discharge mower.
got a 40(?) inch width, but they come in other sizes. Cut grass at the
front of the Trak, pick it up at the rear.  One pass.  Works very well
for
me because I have a substantial number of white pines on my property,
and
it picks up fallen needles better than anything short of hand raking.
It
does take a while to figure out the right height setting for the broom,
but
once set it will pick up a surprising amount of grass and leaf
litter.  This seems an easier solution than converting your mower and
doing
all that extra work picking stuff up after cutting.