Re: (ET) Fw: failure notice

I got this off a blog discussing using dehumidifier water for batteries.
In my experience, mold runs rampant in dehumidifer water.  Plus, the water
stays stagnant for a long period of time.  All those who use dehumidifer
water for drinking (there are devices built specifically for that), all
have filters in them to remove particulates, especially mold...but then,
you're not really getting distilled water, you're getting filtered water.
The problem stems from the fact that the water condenses on the coils, and
the coils are open to the air, collecting dust, mold, etc...

Ronald Moravec , mar 15, 2005; 08:23 a.m.
Dehumidifier water sure is distilled, but it is normally filthy

Mani Sitaraman , mar 15, 2005; 08:53 a.m.
How come? Mine has a plastic receptacle which resembles a milk bottle. The
water's pristine, as it should be, as long as the container is clean to
begin with...

Frank Schifano , mar 15, 2005; 09:09 a.m.

Yes, it could be clean as clean can get. The problem arises when the coils
used to condense water out of the air become dirty. They are great dust
collectors. Just like the coil in you refrigerator, they need to be
regularly cleaned. Do that and the water will be just fine.

Ronald Moravec , mar 15, 2005; 11:32 a.m.
The water condenses on the coils which tend to be full of dust. Decent
filtering should take care of it.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com