Re: (ET) Batteries and lighting

I talked to a friend of mine that is familiar with incandescent bulbs and he was also sayying that the lifespan will decrease logirithmically as you raise above the rated voltage.
He also mentioned that when you reduce the voltage by not much, the light output drops off dramatically.
Things are all worse the quartz halogen bulbs, which is the version of landing lamp that I intend on using.
It really sounds like I should use a switching supply, which will be impossible to find, or design one, and I do not have the time for that. So it looks like I will be wasting a little power and putting a resistor in series.
I might sacrifice a bulb to see for myself how badly it kills the lifespan.

I work for an automotive supplier here in Deetroit and the 42v stuff is just about dead from what I hear.

Kevin