(ET) E20 lacking power

Markus,

You guys are way above me, in terms of ET wisdom, but sometimes the mouse can help the lion?.

It sounds like the E15 motor you've set up is actually the E12S variant.  As I understand it, it's the same motor, but while the E15 uses a double pulley with smaller diameter, the E12S uses a single pulley of larger diamater.   It would seem to me that the larger diameter pulley was designed by GE to provide higher top speed (to compensate for the lack of field weakening circuitry) at the cost of lower torque.  Loss of torque on the 12S can be made up for by using a lower range.

For what it's worth, my E12S D2 is fairly 'wispy', under load over grass or on weak inclines, and I usually drop to D1.

Tom