Re: (ET) Charger repair.

At 01:25 PM 2/21/05 -0700, Herb Crary wrote:
Markus,

apparently I didn't write as clearly as I thought I did. I already did part of the calculation for you. The frequency ratio is 60/50 = 1.2, so the square of the ratio is 1.44. Thus the required capacitor is:

 4 * 1.44 = 5.76 MFD.

Surely you mean mF! The largest capacitor I've heard of is on the order of 250F and that's a physically large low voltage multi-capacitor pack, not a something that would be suited for the output of a charger.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself.  There are always restrictions,
be they legal, genetic, or physical.  If you don't believe me, try to
chew a radio signal. "

                        Kelvin Throop, III