Re: (ET) batteries

That book about rebuilding batteries is online - some guy did a great job scanning it in. I downloaded it and read parts of it - EXTREMELY informative covers the complete process - tools & equipment, shop setup, techniques, theory, etc. Copyright over 60 years ago, I think.

The website shows a guy taking good parts (typically either the negative plate or positive plate - I can't remember which - is still in good shape)  from modern batteries to try to make a good battery.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 1:15 PM
Subject: (ET) batteries

I wonder if anyone out there has tried to rebuild the batteries.  I have looked at the new plastic cases and wondered how the could come apart.  As a child I use to take the old batteries and pull them apart and replace pieces.  I have an old manual on it but that was the days of tar tops that would come off.