(ET) Evaluate used batteries from golf course

Hi guys,

I am going to follow the advice of many list members and will
try to get some used 6V Golf Cart batts from a golf cart dealer.
I hope I'll get them next to nothing and I told them that I'd
want to come to their store, look at the old ones and pick some.

Now my question:
What to look for when I have to pick the best 6 that they have.

I'll probably only have time for a quick look and can't charge
the batteries before I pick them.

Here're my thoughts:

- measure their resting voltage
- put a reasonable load on them (not sure yet what, some sort of
  resistor in the area of 0.2 Ohm (30A)) and see if the
  voltage remains relatively stable for a few minutes.
- avoid "empty" batteries (look for more than 5.5V)
  and "dry" batteries

Thanks for any hints

Markus