Re: (ET) Totally dead E20, thoughts?

This is the method I use as well. I lay out the chains, back over them, pull them up over the top of the tire (all the while trying to distribute the crossbars evenly), and then do the inside chain latch first. After doing up the outside latch, I use shock chords between the circumference chains to take up the slack. Then I run them a lap or two around the driveway and try to take up a link or two on both the inside and outside chain latches.

Since I use mine with only a bucket loader, I usually leave the chains on most of the time.