(ET) RE: Alltrax

Guys,

I didn't mean to say the price its unreasonable. I meant to share
that the alltrax (unfortunately) is no longer selling the ET version
at a price that is only around $50 mote than the golf cart version.
(which is available e.g., from cloudelectric at $175-$195)

I agree with Rod that possibly they had some set-backs on the
returns which might have increased the price for the ET version.
>From Steve I learned that the ET version has a modified software
(I think he indicated the same hardware) to deal with the lower
field current (around 3A) of the ET motors than the golf cart
motors. In my eyes this mod was necessary for Alltrax to sell
to this market and, while I agree their development effort
here should be rewarded, I personally have doubts that the effort
invested alone justifies a doubling of the price. Its
most likely more of a marketing decision. They can charge
double for this version so they do it.

To me this helped me to keep the contactors on both tractors
a while longer. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, (and pay
even more) who knows

Happy trakking (with or without contactors)

Markus