(ET) New Idea EGT120 conversion to EGT200

 Well,the latest project is nearing completion.
First off,I REALLY like the New Idea large frame tractors,mostly because
they are late models (read way less troublesome) and because they accept a
midmount deck (takes up less space). Oh,and I'll admit I also like the
orange and cream color.
 Anyway,I had an EGT120 here that is very nice but was partially
cannibalized. But what I really wanted was an EGT200,because I wanted the
more powerful motor,more speeds,and the foot control.
 With 2 parts E20 tractors in my shed and my new parts on the shelf,the
stage was set.
 I first replaced the original 3 speed trans. with a 4 speed as used in
EGT200.New drive belts put in before the trans. put into place because
trans. needs to be loosened to replace belts. Next came the drive
motor:replaced the original perm. mag. with wound field type taken from an
E20,being the same as used in EGT200.
 That was the easy part!
 Undercarriage wiring harness needed a few additions and revisions to
accomodate a motor with wound fields and an external breaker.
 Installed/connected F,R,PTO,1A,2A contactors
 Upper control panel needed the following additions and revisions:
 Different Diode and Varistor Assembly,
 Diode Assembly,
 3 additional DPDT relays,
 Field resistor Assembly,
 Added wiring harness.

Forward/Reverse switch,CC Fast/slow switch,indicator lights on  a panel
from an E20 went in place of the hand speed control on the dash.

 Foot speed control from an E20 was rebuilt and installed in the proper
place.
 First test of the controls was run this PM and everything works!

The project was then put on hold while I used my E20 to clear the snow
from the storm today off my driveway and 2 neighboring driveways.

Later,
Harold Z.
Ephrata PA