Re: (ET) First snow report from the blower

Chris, how much snow did you get? We had less than an inch or so in Leesburg.

The POR15 does make a nice smooth finish. It's not rated as being UV resistant - not sure what the effect is. I think the best way to buy it is to get the six-pack. One small can will cover a lot of area - say one implement (mower, blower, etc). They caution against keeping partial cans.

In my experience, it's wet, packed snow that will clog the chute. The first few times I blew snow, it was deep powder and I couldn't understand the complaints about clogs. Then I tried to blow wet snow that had partially melted down, many clogs.

- SteveS
E20

Chris Zach wrote:

Finally had the first snow here in MD. Some thoughts on the blower with POR15 and the 26ah aux battery pack:

1) POR15 is God. Or close to it. This is powdery snow that usually accumulates in the chute. Tonight, there was NOT ONE BIT OF SNOW IN THERE.

Painting the inside with POR15 makes it slick as glass. No, greased smeared glass. The snow literally has nothing to adhere to, so it just falls off if you try to press it on.

I would strongly recommend that everyone go out, get a little can of POR15, and paint the inside of your chute. Think exceptional. Think no more wax.

2) The battery monitor is a good thing. That one battery is still low, it's pulling it's light on when going up hills in L. Not good. Still, I'm glad I have the light to keep the load off the battery. Will replace it in a week or two.

3) The aux battery pack (3 26ah Hawkers, connected via the accessory port) works wonders. The massive sags are reduced and buffered, and I was able to plow the driveway with no problem. I think AGMs in parallel with the T105s are a great idea. In the weight box now are the 3 AGMs (with 40amp fuse), and 4 more that are not hooked up for power but provide ballast. I'll put another string online next week.

4) On charge the Elec-Trak seems to pull about 1,000 watts, with a power factor of .92.

Chris