(ET) E20 Replacement Tire Size, will larger 26x12x12 tires fit?

Hi all,

my E20 has one original 23x10.5x12 and one more
modern turf tire of different size: 23x8.5x12.

I would like to replace the two with a matching
set just for the looks and have been told about
a slightly used set of 26x12x12 tires for a good price.

If I am right then the first 26 refers to the
outer diameter which should still fit the wheel
well (I think). And the last number refers to
the rim diameter, which should also be fine.

The middle number I think is the width of the tire.
Here I am not sure if the additional 1.5" will
fit the tractor. Would it add 0.75" on either side
and possibly rub against the battery box?

The E20 has 10.5 as its standard tire width, I think
the smaller ETs had narrower tires. Does anybody
know if a 26x12x12 would still fit and if I can
mount such a tire on the original E20 rims.

Thanks

Markus