-----Original Message-----
From:
ann magstadt [mailto:amagstadt hotmail com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 10:24 AM
To: gabraham1405 comcast net; bonnie hill polarisind com;
dibri swbell net; jelert splkpark k12 mn us; dennis vegaswebgraphics com; patander westriv com; puhekrozie msn com; Sandra M Valentines wellsfargo com
Subject: I hadn't heard a word about this........

Minnesota
State Capitol

State Bird:
Loon

State Flower:
Ladies Slipper

State Butterfly:
Monarch

January 6, 2005

Dear Minnesotan:

This is a friendly reminder that the state-wide ban on holiday light displays does go into affect on Friday, January 14th.

Our legislature, in conjunction with local and federal officials, proposed and passed this ordinance to conserve energy in both the public and private sectors. Unnecessary holiday light displays account for $22 million in wasted electricity annually.

While holiday lights are a wonderful way to spread joy and celebrate the season, we must ask that you cease lighting your displays by Friday, January 14. Random community checks have been authorized and scheduled. Business and residential holiday light displays will be fined on a per bulb basis, calculated by current electrical usage and average power bill factorization tables.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
Director
Department of Natural Resources Conservancy

Site Map | Contact | About This Site

Some images on this site (c) 2005 Getty Images