(ET) Alltrax pot-box in E15

Mike asked:

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Mike Wallace
On another note, I'd be interested in the details of how you adapted the
Alltrax pot box to the dash control lever on your E15.  I decided to make
my
first modification to a Wheel Horse C-185 with the foot pedal speed
control
and it turned our quite well.  My next upgrade might be a W/H B-145 or
maybe
an E15 with the dash mounted lever and I'm looking for suggestions.
--------------------------

on my E15, I removed the dash lever assembly and replaced it with a switch
for the Alltrax reverse input on a piece of plexi (used the dash lever
assembly mounting holes).

The Curtis throttle pot supplied by Alltrax I mounted in the resulting
cavity using angle brackets so that the lever rotates in a vertical plane
running fore and aft.  To get a foot-pedal actuation, I mounted a piece of
aluminum plate on a hinge to the right side step, ran a piece of 1/4" rod
up, through a hole drilled in the horizontal surface where the aluminum
meets the steel of the front battery compartment, and came up with a
linkage that works.  Eventually I'll have a little documentation with
pictures on a website but if you need more details before that let me know
and I'll take some and send em.