-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Klein Robert
W NPRI
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:25 AM
To: 'elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu'
Subject: (ET) RE: Elec-trak Digest, Vol 2, Issue 484

Rear Wheel Weight?

It's Calcium Chloride... NOT sodium.  Old farmer trick as it doesn't
freeze most winters.  Weight in the wheel takes the strain off the wheel
bearings but puts it on the axle torque.

Bob Klein
Waiting for the snow to come so I can go out and play!