-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Chris Zach
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 11:39 PM
To: Tom Coate
Cc: Elec-trak list
Subject: Re: (ET) Springs on the tiller

Ah. How does that hook up; to the back pin of the lift perhaps? This
might explain why my motor had one of it's three bolts broken.

Speaking of which, I've found that if I put the motor in the freezer,
then fire it up, it works fine in both directions. As it warms up though
it goes down the drain. Definate field short. I'm toying with the idea
of freezing it, flooding the field coils with POR-15, then letting it
dry and (hopefully) insulate the field again.

Worth a shot :-)

Chris