Re: (ET) coils

*nod* I put it back together; same problem. Looks like the field coil is shorted on one side so I would need to rewind the field.

Question is how do you get it out, and what size wire would I need to do a rewind? At least the overload breaker works :-)

Chris

neil wrote:
Chris, it isn't too hard to rewind that motor, I've done a couple - just hand winding - and they are still working, just need the right size wire and patience. Be sure to make a diagram of what goes where tho when you strip it down.

wombat