Re: (ET) (no subject)

I think my E20 (heavier than an E12) stops just fine with the stock brake. I know everyone in the world loves the new design, but the old one works fine. My only problem is skidding the wheels on wet grass; better to use regen when going down a 30 degree hill. A moral from my Porsche 914 friends: If you are skidding the tires then bigger brakes will make *NO* difference.

The key is to adjust the clearance using that little bolt on the caliper. Remove the cotter pin and turn the bolt with your fingers till it's tight. Then loosen it a tiny bit and check for drag. You need to do this once or twice a year to keep the brakes in peak condition.

As for the turning, please make sure you get a grease gun and lubricate the wheels and the spindles. There are zerk fittings on both; lube them now. I blew an axle. Also do the one in the middle of the axle too.

Chris

SteveS wrote:
1. Not extremely well. There is (was?) and upgrade to a better brake mechanism. One problem either way is that the disk is not on the axle, so you can stop the disk cold and one wheel may stop and the other one spins in reverse. The elec-trak.org site has several manuals that show the brake setup. There is a return spring that goes from the lever on the brake mechanism to the raer part of the frame. If you need to work on the brakes you will have it much easier if you loosen the two bolts that hold the axle to the frame on the right side and remove the two on the left side. Jack up the frame a few inches and block it. Now you can get to things.

The pads should grip when you have the pedal depressed. Does the brake mechanism move? Are you sure you have pads on both sides of the disk?

2. On the elec-trak.org site.

3. Others know better than I.

4. Not sure what this is. The tires aren't hitting any part of the frame? Or they aren't sliding? That is real bad for the front axle, but it does happen.

- SteveS

Pete Bishop wrote:

I have an E15 and have a couple questions:
1. How does the brake system work? My motor cutout switch works when I depress the pedal, but the pads don't clamp down on the disc. Any pictures would be helpful. Also on this topic, is there supposed to be a return spring? If so, where? Again a pic would be helpful! 2. Does anyone have an actual paint code for the yellow color? 3. How should I store the batteries if I'm not using it for the winter? I bought the battery compartment bags from Bill Gunn, and the batteries are only a year old. 4. Does anyone else have a problem with the tractor almost stopping and seeming to really strain when you turn the wheels all the way to the lock when traveling? I know that's alot of q's, but your help will be appreciated! Thank You,
Pete Bishop
Advantix Material Handling Services
Waukesha, WI peterbishop advantixlift com <mailto:peterbishop advantixlift com>
cell: 414-788-6695
ph:  262-896-2000
fx:   262-896-2020