       From this distance, these are the things that I would explore.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Zach" <czach computer org>
To: "Elec-trak list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: (ET) Reverse issues

Ok, I think I have an idea what is going wrong with the E20, but it doesn't make much sense.

The problem is that when you're driving around the contactors for 1A,2A,3A (the bypass around the resistors) are not kicking in when in reverse. I checked the voltages on the diodes to the 1F and 1R contactors and they read like 26 in forward, but only 21 or so in reverse.

Is the problem this: When in reverse and in series with resistor 1,2,3 there is not enough voltage at 1R to power the 1A,2A,3A contactors? It sounds insane, but I checked the diodes and the traces and everything looks fine. Simply not enough power to the contactor buss.

Still doesn't quite explain why I can get 1A and 2A to come in if I floor it, something is missing here.

Any thoughts?

Chris