Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 8:55 PM
Subject: (ET) Safe E20 RPM

I?m continuing on my fun filled project of installing an Alltrax Inc DCX 300-ET controller in my E20. My main motor brushes and bearings checked out OK for further use. With the help of many of you the conversion is about finished except for connecting the lights and PTO, wire dressing, securing, and closing up. Will someone now tell me the rpm range of the E20 Elec-Trak motor? I have searched the Digest but have not found where anyone has published actual motor rpm numbers. Some one advised that mowing should be performed at an rpm which is not excessive and at an efficient level to avoid damage to the main motor. I actually want to experiment with a resistor of a size that may maintain a safe and efficient main motor rpm while cutting the grass. I use a digital photo sensor tachometer for accurate rpm measurements so I reasoned that if I knew the safe long term running speed of the motor the best resister size could be determined. When that size is found I will set up an alternate speed control dedicated to mowing. What is the maximum speed that may be considered too high?  Someone wrote ?do not rev the motor too high? or it will fly apart or something bad will happen. Any comment you make will be appreciated. Thank you, Raymon Ellis