Re: (ET) Chipper conversion, ET motor power evaluation

Just curious, where were you thinking of getting the "more than 36v from".

If you are adding a 12v batter in series with the field then I could see
going this route..

BUT, if you have more Deep Cycle batteries that you are planning to use,
then I would just power the whole motor, both series and field with the
higher value, say 48 or 54 or 60 or whatever.

I have the same problem on my sawmill. The ET drive motor has the power to
cut the logs, but not in the rpm range I need it to be in. If I change the
pulley ratio to slow the motor down(more torque,more current, more blade
speed), then I will kill my batteries sooner. I was thinking of adding
more batteries, to go with a 72volt system, to increase the available HP
at a higher speed. I think the drive motor will handle 72v without a
problem. I sure hope so, because I'm powering my kids Jr. Dragster with a
snowthrower motor at 72v(next spring).

I really want to make this thing work with the ET. But, practicality says
to use an ICE, although I'm not ready to go there yet. B4 I revert to ICE
I will string 150ft of 4ga, and run a 240vac 5 hp compressor motor. $180
for the wire, $125 for the motor. (or move the mill closer to the house
and save a little money on wire.)

I wish I had an on road EV truck, then I would power the mill with that. I
don't want to prematurely kill my ET pack just because I can.

Stay Charged!
Hump