Re: (ET) Chipper conversion, ET motor power evaluation

Another thing to consider in re-powering is the speed at which the engines develop maximum powr. Electric engine develop maximum torque at stall (0 RPM). Gas engines don't - I suspect the chipper gas engine might develop maximum torque between 1500-2500 RPM (??). In any case, this difference will cause them to perform quite differently in an application like chipping even though the two power sources might have the same HP and torque ratings. A chipper developing maximum torque at 0 RPM isn't very useful.