Re: (ET) newer batteries are tougher?

They need more time to equalize. New batteries charge at slightly different rates. Over time though they will tend to "sync up" and need less overcharge.

Older batteries also gas easier and tend not to benefit from a longer charge.

Chris

Thon Basom wrote:
I've seen references a couple of times to the fact that newer batteries
need
to stay on the charger for longer periods of time than older ones.  Can
someone give me a simple explanation of why?
Thanks.
Thon
---