Bad card connector, field weakening in reverse - was: RE: (ET) Ok, my E20 is insane

>      The first time I had an edge card connector fail, it
> made field weakening in Reverse possible. Not the thing to
> have happening when you don't expect it <G>

The same happens to me once in a while. I kinda like it <G>.
Right now I have my card connector clamped together but thats
an unsatisfactory solution, what did you guys do? On my second
E20 I soldered the wires directly to the card as I figured when
something bigger breaks I'll replace it alltogether with a PWM
controller.

Did the models with only 7 speed use a different kind of (better?)
connector?

Markus