(ET) Mower PTO wiring

Thanks for all the help with the Alltrax questions. Tractor now runs!!!!!
:)

I have some problems with the PTO now. It appears to me that PTO gets power to one prong when switch on and another prong when switched off. The third prong returns to battery -. I must be missing something because it doen't work this way. Since I am no longer using the relays, I think I may have lost some logic. I seem to recall some discussion about using power to stop the blades. Is that what is going on here?
thanks
John Briese

MSN Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning points in your life. http://lifeevents.msn.com