(ET) hot wires

Sorry, I actually looked at my owners manual, the 12 does have a fiedl in the drive motor. {:-{. Thought I remembered only two wires plus the centrifugal switch wire (that open up once so I only had 2 speeds). The book does say that the ohms reading across the amature is extremly low, they also recommend to check all leads to the motor case for a possible short. I see that the field has a "VDR" across it. The field leads are "p6-1 and p6-2" you could check accros them for voltage.

Neil