Re: (ET) Using Homelite appliances on Elec-Trak

On 26 Jun 2004 at 15:35, Chris Zach wrote:

> These
> devices used a 1ah or so battery pack (12 1.2 volt AA size NiCDs) so
> they are
> not going to suck down a 100+ah set of T105's unless you're running
> around all
> day with them (in which case you really need to think for awhile about
> this:
> These are not heavy duty tools).

I'd echo that caution.  I haven't seen these tools, but I wouldn't be
surprised if they were designed to run about as long at a stretch as the
battery's charge would last.  After that, they'd want a nice cooldown
period
while the battery was charging.

I suspect that when run from an external power supply, many people will be
tempted to keep using them until the smoke escapes from their motors.  But
could be wrong.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
To understand the Republican party (or the Democratic party,
for that matter), it is most efficient to look directly at the clients -
or as political scientist Thomas Ferguson would call them, the
\ômajor investors.\ö On that level, the ideological contradictions are
unimportant. Political parties do function as mediating institutions,
only not for voters.

                               -- William Greider, "Who Will Tell the
People"