(ET) Deck back online, motors were shorted....

Ok, Harold sent me a shiny new baffle plate, and after bringing the deck back into line with a turnbuckle and some hooks I put the plate back on.

It does provide some of the structural integrity, so I mounted the bolts with washers to distribute the load. Should be good for another 30 years.

Also turned the blades over so they angle down and sure enough: it cuts better. This explains why I never had to sharpen the blades; I was cutting with the dull edge.

Ah well, looks very good now. All I need is a mower deck lift bar, and this fall I will strip the deck down and paint the underside with POR to prevent rust.

Another note: I got a new armature from a list member for one of my deck motors. Put it in, it runs flawlessly under 12 volts. Also spins pretty cleanly; the other one is very jerky when you try to hand spin it.

Looks like for whatever reason two of my mower motors did short out over the winter. Very odd.

Chris