Re: (ET) quick question

most lawnmowers spin CCW looking  from the bottom. Usually everything is
designed with a right hand discharge. It is hard to find at least as far as
I have found to find a CW spinning blade.

If you think it is the dull side then you might have the bladed upside
down. My neighbor scraped his lawn mower because it was not cutting well
and seemed to be overheating.  Bought a new on and took the old one to the
curb. I was looking for a chassis for to make a Electric version of one so
I asked him if he would not mind if I took it. I started to tear it down to
get rid of the gas parts and found that the engine was still in good shape.
I started to look closer and found that his blades were in upside-down and
what he thought was the engine was him smoking the belt that drove the
blades. I never had the heart to tell him for I did not want him to feel
like a fool. But I do have a almost new chassis to work with from it all.

Dave Reuter

             Christopher Zach
             <czach@computer.o
             rg>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  Elec-trak list
             elec-trak-bounces         <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
             @cosmos.phy.tufts                                          cc
             .edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       (ET) quick question
             06/22/2004 12:28
             PM

Is there a diagram showing which way the blades should spin, and how the
blades should be mounted on the hubs? My deck cuts well but every time I
look under it with spinning blades they seem to spin counter clockwise
(viewed from the bottom) which would mean it's cutting with the dull
side of the blade.

Chris