RE: (ET) Hold onto your $100

Title: Message
Don Barry wrote:
The Costa Rica guy already has a deposit down with Bill for everything.

The sale price is about $100,000.00 (must be one big organic farm).

It includes everything - all parts, dies, jigs, blueprints, records, databases, cross-reference lists, everything.

There are some things he doesn't want (i.e. snow blower blades), but Bill has agreed to warehouse them for him for some time.

Bill's not releasing the name and address of the buyer until at least the deal is done, and the buyer agrees.

Bill's not accepting any orders per the terms of the agreement with the Costa Rica guy.

So put your hundred dollar checks away, it won't do any good. Bill is not even listening to any counter-offers.

Frankly, our only hope is this deal falls through.
Maybe not.  The Costa Rican is a business man.  He either wants only to support his fleet of ETs and therefore has no need for some of what he purchased (dies, sales records, etc.), or he may want to start a sideline making/selling parts.  He'd be a fool not to get some income from what he doesn't need for himself.

Just because it's sold to someone else doesn't means it's gone forever.  As I explained before, some of what Bill has only has value if you can sell parts in some volume.  It would seem that it's in the Costa Rican's best interest to support a user-base of ETs.

He may be interested in selling some stuff.  Or providing access to drawings, perhaps for a price.  Or lots of other possibilities.  Once this deal is complete, it will serve both the new owner and us on this list to get to know each other and see how we can help each other out.  I think we both may stand to benefit.

Here's a thought - maybe the Costa Rican and Harold Z. or some other US party could work together.  Higher total volume means lower piece prices, Costa Rican labor might reduce prices further, bulk shipments to the US would keep shipping costs manageable, etc.

Let's not throw in the towel yet.

Chris