-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Chris Zach
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:38 PM
To: Elec-trak list
Subject: (ET) Hand tool info and refurbishment (no Bill content :-)

Well, thanks to Lee I now have an Elec-trak hand tool attachment to add
to the collection. A bit of work with a screwdriver, some brake cleaner,
contact cleaner, and a crimper and it's back in running order.

Now for the question: The motor runs smoothly, but I noticed that I can
see the brushes softly arcing in the back of the unit against the
commutator. Should I take the whole thing apart and clean off the
commutator bars? What kind of brushes does this thing use? And are there
any special "gotchas" in taking it down? Will normal wheel bearing
grease be good for the pillow bearings, or should I use something else?

Thanks!
Chris