Re: (ET) Controller Needed?

the problem with the original set up of contactors and resistors is the waste of energy to go slow by "shunting" the excess up to big resistors where the energy is wasted as heat that does nothing.

Problem is relative, how many of us spend 95%+ of time at full speed in some gear?

True I do like to go manual and into the low speeds every once in awhile, but most times I spent in speeds 4-7. Speeds 1-3 are simply there to buffer the E20's motor.

Chris